“I hate my life” is somewhere we have all been in life at some stage or another. Before I give you my tips below on how you can improve your life, let me explain a few things first. You see there are so many stages in life when you might hate it and some might be because of hormones (especially if you are a teenager) and some could just be because life is pretty crappy at the moment, but there are things that you can do about it.
So it doesn’t matter what questions you are trying to answer why do i hate my life, why does my life suck, what to do when you hate your life, why does life hate me, there are things that you can do to change your life moving forward if you want to that is. The important thing to remember in life is that things are only temporary and if you want them to change, you have to follow a specific path to finding happiness in your life instead. It is not an easy path to tread but you will get there if you follow the advice given below.
Below I will give you reasons and answers on why you might hate yourself, but also things you can do to generally change your life and learn how to be happier at the same time.
Reasons you might hate life and what you can do about it
- Because of your family – Family can be the toughest people on the planet sometimes and you might find that they just do not understand you or where you are trying to get too, or why you might be upset about something. The only thing that you can do here is open communications with them and keep talking. One of the things I do with my kids, is talk to them and try to understand why they are feeling this way, then work with them to see what will help them feel better. I quite often get on my teenagers wick, but that is due to hormones and shouldn’t be taken personally. You can’t change your family however so don’t dwell on things, just learn how you can talk openly and in a calm manner about the problems that you are having with the situation.
- Because of yourself – Self hatred can be quite common and it is a stage we can go through. Learning to love yourself more is paramount in this case. Look at the things that you are good at, the things you see in the mirror that you like, the person you would like to become and envisage that. You are the only one of you and you have to learn to live with yourself so always look at the good things about you and not concentrate on the bad.
- Hating life as a mum – This is a really hard one because if anyone told you how hard it is to be a mum you probably wouldn’t do it. It can be a pretty unappreciated job in life, especially if your partner is not helping you out. Kids are hard at the best of times and one of the lessons I learnt is kids often take a lot of patience which sometimes we just don’t have. The best thing you can do here is realize that you are doing the best job you can do, be patient, talk to your kids, spend time with them and when they go to bed concentrate on looking after yourself and rewarding yourself for getting through the day. Watch this video for inspiration if you need it.
- Your job – Hating your job is painful and the more you tell yourself that you hate something the worse it will get. If your job is that bad then change it, if not watch this video on how to make your job better.
- Because of school – Children can be really horrible at times and school can be both boring and you can find yourself with no friends at times too. It is a hard time to get through and the best thing you can do, is try and join some of the clubs at school and find like minded friends that you can spend time with. Stay away from the kids that make you feel bad and know that things will get better soon. If you are being bullied in anyway then do seek help as soon as you can.
- You can’t change it – We can make changes in our life but it is often hard to do so. In order to make changes you really have to see what that change will look like. We will talk more about manifesting things in life later on, but stay positive and work out what you need to change first and foremost and then put a plan together on how you can put those changes into effect.
- Feeling trapped – I can appreciate this one as a few times in life I have felt trapped and without a way out. Life has knocked me for six at times. The only advice I can give here is that if you are that unhappy then you have to do something about it. For every moment you are unhappy you are leaving moments of happiness behind you. You have to be brave with this one at times and make some important decisions. See what your life should look like if you weren’t trapped and concentrate on that.
- Wanting to end it – If you are feeling like you need to end things please do not do that. Seek help straight away and know that things can and will always get better in life. Nothing is hard enough to go with this option. There are loads of people out there that will love you, care for you, understand you. You just haven’t found them yet and all wounds do heel.
- I hate my life because of depression – Depression is a nightmare when it hits and it is hard to get over but you can do it. First you have to want to fight it with every inch of your body and not let it take over. Take time to hide under the covers, but also take time to fix the problems too, find tiny slices of things that make you happy and do more of it.
- Nothing makes you happy – This is not a nice feeling but you can find happiness. Happiness is an emotion that we can all feel, it is an emotion that we can bring into our lives. Check out my tips below on how you can find more happiness.
My Top Tips On Going From I Hate My Life To I Love My Life
So before I begin, I have hated life and at times I have been on the verge of ending it also. Being trapped and feeling like it is never going to give me what I need and just what is the point of life. What I can tell you is that when you turn this on it’s head and you realize that everything that goes on in your head are just thoughts and that they are your thoughts you can learn to control them.
You see no matter what happens in life, no one else is sitting inside your mind, it is yours, you own it and you tell it what to do. When you realize that the more you tell it good things, the more good feelings your mind will have, the more you tell it bad things, the more bad things it will feel. Sounds simple right but it is true.
When you control your own thoughts and are aware of what thoughts are coming in such as I hate my job, you can turn it around to say, yeah this job is a little shitty, but it is the first step to my path to greatness, it gives me the money to go out at the weekend, I can always change it if I want too. This is taking control of your thoughts and having positive connotations instead of negative feelings.
Overthinking things is a nightmare. This can be anything from telling yourself over and over you hate something, or worrying about whether you have done the right things, what will people think of you, did I do this right. It is no wonder sometimes we think I hate myself. Because with all those negative thoughts in place we are convincing ourselves there is a problem, when the likely hood is there isn’t one.
The way I now work my life is that I do not accept any thought without any evidence that it is true. So as an example if I think I did something wrong, I will actually ask the person whether I had or not. This does a number of things, it stops me overthinking about the problem and provides the answer straight away. Now if I was worrying about nothing then all good and I have saved myself a load of shit thinking along the way. If I am proven correct and I did do something wrong, it gives me an opportunity to correct it.
You have heard the saying life is what you make it and it is true. So it is okay to hate your life, it is okay to be depressed, it is okay to feel down, it is okay to have feelings that no one likes you, it is okay to be off kilter. All you have to do is believe in yourself more and follow a path to being kind, considerate, empathic and have a meaning in life that makes sense to you.
When I was young I hated my life more than anything and then I got into manifestation and the laws of attraction. It sounds cryptic but when you believe that there is a path to follow and you decide you want to be successful in life then you can turn it around.
You see, you can be anything you want in life if you try hard enough and you see every thing that comes along in life as a hurdle to overcome and not a hindrance. We all have the power within us to go from nothing to having everything, you can do it, no matter what anyone says to you. There are loads of people out there that have gone from hating their life to becoming millionaires and having successful relationships.
Don’t bring yourself down to the levels of others, believe that life will get better and it will. Find your passion in life, something that puts a smile on your face and you can get away from all the rubbish things in life and just absorb yourself in it and let the World go by. Put a plan together on what your life should look like and then take steps to changing it for the better.
Do not give up on life and hate everyday when you could be living a life of happiness instead. When I was at just one of the many dark places in my life, I put together a video series on how I pulled my life back together. It will help you too because at the time I hated my life but was determined to turn it around.
Using the principles above I worked out that staying positive, being kind, forcing a smile on your face, working hard, using the law of attraction really worked for me if I stayed focused because it is real.
So feel free to check it out at https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk as I am sure it will help you along your path in life too. In the meantime have a wickedly awesome day and I hope to catch you soon. Best wishes Scott