I asked myself the question “I don’t know what to do with my life” on several occasions now and came to the same conclusion.
Life Is What You Make It – You just need to find out what you have to offer the World and then work out a plan of how to get there.
You see finding out what you want to do in life is down to a couple of things. Happiness and rewards. When you find something that you really enjoy doing in life and it gives you a passion then happiness follows. This really is a true statement and you will find out more below.
Once you are in a state of happiness then life takes on a whole new meaning and opens up lots of doors for you.
My life has changed a few times now which opened up the question of I don’t know what to do with my life because everything just fell apart.
You can read more about my story and how it can help you live a better life in my change your life transformation program you can find here https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk
Alternatively if you are not sure what to do with your life follow some of my tips below for some inspiration
My top tips on finding what you should or could do with your life
- What motivates you – You need to find out what motivates you. Being motivated about a particular thing can drive you to success. For me after losing 5 stone I love keeping fit and that can involve lots of different activities
- What makes you smile – Find out what really makes you smile – smiling is one of the most positive emotions you can have and if you are walking around with your head pointed down to the floor. You need to find something to lift it up
- What is important – What is important to you – money, love, health, hobbies? Once you determine which of these aspects would add the most value to your life it is time to put a plan together on how you can achieve it
- Being lost in life – Most people are lost in life and don’t know what to do with their lives because boredom sets in. We sit in front of the TV and watch rubbish when we could be out making adventures, starting new passions and hobbies. Once you become motivated about a particular area of your life it can change the way feel dramatically
- Being Happy – Do more of what makes you happy and less of what doesn’t make you happy. I wrote an article on I want do do something with my life you can find here too
- Different things – Try lots of different things, we don’t all want to be a Doctor or Lawyer so try different jobs and see which one’s really float your boat then get qualifications in that area if you find that you love doing it
- Talk about your future – Spend time with family and friends having a laugh and discussing your future and theirs. A lot of people nowadays have lost the art of communication and it feels like you are on your own. If your family and friends don’t help then join a tribe of people on Twitter or Facebook that are doing similar things
- Not wasting time – Don’t waste time just force yourself to make changes. If you don’t know what to do with your life then the last thing you want to do is just there and become unhappy about it
- Meet people – Go places meet different people and just have an adventure and some fun. Not everything has to cost money so don’t make that your excuse along the way
Frequently asked questions about what you should do with your life in order to be happy and fulfilled
- What do I do if I don’t know what to do with my life? – That is a tricky question but not everyone knows what they want to do. The important thing is just working out what you would like to get out of life. It could be that you just want to be happy, it could be you want to be a vet, it could be that you want to travel the world. Sit down and write down exactly what your life would look like if you had everything you wanted. It can be anything just close your eyes and write down what you see (when you have opened your eyes again that is!!) Then work out how you are going to get there. You might change paths along the way and you might find you want something different in the end and that is okay. Just get out there and get started.
- Is it OK to not know what you want in life? – Of course it is. Not a lot of people really know what they want to do. It helps if you want to find happiness of course as this is an emotion all of us seek. So find a passion or something that makes you happy and then work out from there how you can do more of it. Just do not be unhappy and let life pass you by. If you are unhappy then this should be your driver to finding out what motivates you to do something in life that you can be proud of.
- How do I figure out what to do with my life? – Write lots of things down and then go and try them. There are so many things people can do nowadays from being famous on YouTube to being a Doctor. The World is your oyster you just have to believe that you are capable of achieving anything you want in life and then go and get it.
- What to do if you don’t know what job you want? – Talk to people in different professions and in groups online and ask them questions about their job. go and volunteer for different jobs and see what it is like before committing on a career path. Try and tie in your passions and interests with something that you can do full time. You might change career paths lots of times and that is perfectly okay too. Just get out there and try and carve your pathway as that is half the battle in the first place.
Finding your why in life is a really hard thing to do. Do any of us really really know what we want to do with our lives? I guess some people do if they want to be a doctor or lawyer etc. but most of us do run aimlessly through life thinking about what would make us happy and find that purpose in life.
For me I just love helping others and motivating them to do well in life. It is a great passion of mine to really make other people shine, I think most people are capable of great things if they only get the encouragement in life to find themselves.
I didn’t know what to do with my life and still don’t to some degree, but I am happy and content with everything I am doing currently and that is because I follow my own rules in the transformation program. I just move forward and do things that really make me smile and things that ultimately make me happy too. This is paramount really is having fun, when you have fun with something everything else unfolds around it.
I do know that the above all sounds very easy when you are unhappy in life but the only person that can change things is you. No one is going to give you a magic pill or hand you a million pounds.
Plus when you see life as a challenge things become exciting because you have something to look forward to all the time. Life can be really exciting when you find your why and something that you are passionate about and really really enjoy.
If you need a little help along the way and your still asking the question of I don’t know what to do with my life, then join my transformation program where I will help you everyday with a series of videos to improve your life and your lifestyle and you can start straight away.
So I wish you all the very best in your future search for finding happiness in your life best wishes Scott