What is the purpose of life? If you are asking that question you could be in a dark place or you could just simply have no direction in your life. It happens to us all at some points through life, life can be difficult and finding it’s purpose can be summed up in the fact that you have to go out there and find it.
Only by looking for something will you ever find it, so check out our tips below on what we think is the purpose in life and how you can learn to live for yourself and it’s importance in life too.
My top tips on finding out what is the purpose of life itself and applying it to your life
- Most people don’t know what to do with their life. We wonder around as children being asked what would you like to be when you grow up. How the bloomin hell should I know and why should you be pidgeon holed into something you have no idea whether you will like it or not. You very well might have a passion that you have carried out from childhood and that is perfect as you know you will enjoy it. But what if you never had a passion for anything in life what do you do then?
- Finding your purpose in life comes down to a few things
- What actually interests you in life? If you say nothing then you need to find something, otherwise you will be aimlessly moving through life without any purpose at all.
- What makes you feel great? Finding something that puts a smile on your face is halfway to finding your purpose. Mainly because when you are happy you will be at the top of your game. When you are at the top of your game you think you can accomplish anything.
- What skills do you think you have? This can be anything from being a great communicator, caring, kind, great at sports and anything else you can throw in the mix. Using your natural skills is a great way to find your purpose because you can then align your life around your skills and this will increase your confidence and happiness in life.
- What do others say you are good at? Ask your friends and your family what they think of you and ask them the question what is the purpose in life and see what they come back with. Ask them if they ever found theirs and what they did to find it.
- If you could do anything what would you do? The answer might be that you really don’t know. So go and try a few things and see whether you like them or not. Whether it fits in with your lifestyle and your way of thinking. If it does then you are half way there already.
- dream big and keep dreaming. If you close your eyes and think about what your ideal like would look like, What would you see? To me from a young age I wanted to try and change the world in my own way. It wasn’t until very recently that my life changed that I decided to communicate my thoughts through this blog. This lead to me finding my purpose because I love writing and it keeps me in touch with mine and every readers emotions too.
- Stop making excuses. You might not know what your purpose in life is but if you don’t go out there looking for it, then you will never find it. Everyone is special in there own way and finding out what you are great at doing is paramount in finding your why.
- Find your why. Everyone has something that makes them tick. Something that makes them jump out of bed in the morning and go wow what am I going to do today. You might find that your purpose is just as simple as enjoying life and spreading love and kindness everywhere you go.
- Your unique skills. We all start life in the same way as babies so why do some people succeed and others struggle. Well it is mainly down to environment and education. The better the environment and the more possibilities for education open more doors of opportunity generally. So if you want to really find your purpose change to a new environment and become educated in new things. Change can be really exciting and do more things will show you whether or not they float your boat.
- Just being happy. Sometimes people see a purpose they want in life as being happy or having happiness. This is a really hard concept because happiness generally follows when you do have a purpose. Whether that is to be a great parent, a sportsman, dentist, doctor, care or whatever. When you feel you are achieving things in life it starts to make sense. These things are all interlinked so find your purpose, carry it out, get rewarded for it and feel appreciated for it, then everything else will start to make sense in life.
- Being you. The purpose in anyones life should be just to be yourself. You see so many people pretending to be something they are not. This will always come back to you and in life the only person you need to impress is yourself. When you learn to love yourself for who you are then the World around you has to adopt to that and you will feel comfortable knowing that you are just you.
Frequently asked questions about what is the purpose in life
- What is the main purpose in life? – If you look at it from a purely biological point of view it is to reproduce. If you look at it from a society perspective then the following could apply
- To have a meaningful existence
- To achieve your goals in life
- To have solid friendships
- To have a family that loves you
- To have money to do things
- To be able to sleep at night without regrets
- To look back on life and be proud of your achievements
- To be excited about your life and look forward to everyday.
- Is there a purpose in life? – If you have no purpose then it is highly likely that you will not feel fulfilled in life either. Waking up everyday doing the same things and without achieving anything in life will probably leave you feeling pretty crappy. However if you wake up with a purpose, you will achieve your dreams and you will get rewarded and you will feel as if you are valued. Everyone needs a purpose no matter what that it is and it doesn’t have to be anything big it just has to put a smile on your face.
- What is the real meaning of life? – The real meaning of life is individual to everyone and there is no one meaning that would make sense. If you look at this from a purely outside perspective then the meaning would be to “enjoy life, accomplish your goals, feel fulfilled, have no regrets, believe in yourself and to wake up happy everyday””
So that is my theory on what is the purpose in life for me and it really is a bunch of stepping stones to living a life of happiness and fulfilling your role in life. Yes it isn’t easy but if you follow my transformation program at https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk. You will find a set of videos that will help you transform your life into one that you can wake up in the morning smiling, you can sleep at night because you have no regrets, you don’t listen to others, you will be motivated and lots more.
I hope you will check it out and I look forward to seeing you there. Wishing you all the very best in the future Scott.