“Be kind to yourself every day“ is the topic up for discussion today as I quite often speak to people who beat themselves up all the time about things and it doesn’t help you become happy with your life.
Follow my tips below for some inspiration on how you can start to be kind to yourself today.
My Top Tips On Being Kind To Yourself Each and Every Day
- Live for yourself – When you live for yourself in life and make that a priority then your life does change quite dramatically. When you are on top of the World you will find that everything else around you just fits into place. This doesn’t mean that you have to be selfish but put your own happiness first and foremost every day.
- Mistakes – We all make mistakes in life and make decisions that sometimes we are not happy with. The thing is we can only do one of two things
- Regret it and spend the rest of our lives being upset with ourselves
- Admit it was a mistake, apologize and move on.
- Dwelling on the past – With the above in mind, the last thing you want to do is dwell on the past in any way. There is absolutely nothing you can ever do in life to change the past and the sooner you accept it in the future, the sooner you will be able to move on.
- Taking care of yourself – Take care of your body and your mind will take care of itself. I spent years of my life suffering from anxiety and depression. I took all the drugs and nothing worked better than getting plenty of fresh air, lots of exercise, and being positive in life.
- Being happy with yourself – When you are 100% happy with who you are and what you are here for in life then life itself will unfold in front of you. So never ever let other people’s words significantly impact your life. Learn to stand on your own two feet and realize that people who do not support you and nurture you in life do not and should not impact your thoughts.
- Stop worrying – Do not worry about letting other people down. If you always put your all and best into everything then that is the best that you can do. If someone feels that you have let them down and you haven’t tried hard enough then that is a different thing and you maybe need to have a word in your own ear about trying harder.
- Spending time with yourself – Spend quality time with yourself, so that you can have clarity of your thoughts. Anxiety and stress arrives from rushing around and having to make decisions. So always think about things first before you reply or make difficult decisions. Then at least you will be happy that you have come up with a solution that has taken some thought, rather than just reacting.
- Looking good – Look after yourself from a materialistic perspective and get your hair done, buy some nice clothes so you can look in the mirror and think god damn I look good.
- Blaming yourself – Don’t blame yourself for situations that you find yourself in. It is likely not your fauly and therefore blaming yourself with make you feel like a victim of circumstance. We all as above can and do make mistakes so move on as quickly as you can.
- Getting rewards in life – Do things that give you some sort of reward. At the moment we are going through a global pandemic and you can tell most people have lost their direction. The kids are off school and think they no longer have to do anything, mothers and fathers are at home and not used to being with the kids or doing nothing. We all need a good routine in life so set yours up and follow it and have something daily that you need to achieve.
- Recognize your achievements – Pat yourself on the back when you have done a great job. Even if no one else is interested that you have done a great job hoovering, cleaning the house or anything else. As long as you are happy you have done a great job, be pleased with yourself.
- Being kind to yourself – Be kind, give love freely and enjoy life. Yes we all go through crappy times, we all have disasters but everything in life is just a learning curve, don’t make the same mistakes and just give life your best shot and be proud of what you do.
- Loving yourself – Love yourself because you are you, you don’t need anyone else just a positive mindset about being in love with who you are despite whether you think you have flaws. This is the great and amazing you so be kind to yourself.
Frequently asked questions about how to be kind to yourself everyday
- What does it mean to be kind to yourself? – It means looking after yourself through your body and your mind. We are all capable of letting our thoughts run off with us and cause anxiety and depression but when you realize that they are just thoughts and nothing more it is easier to accept them. When you do something wrong, just admit it and apologize and move on. Look after yourself and don’t put yourself under too much pressure yourself or from others. Take your time and enjoy life and love being who you really are.
- How do I start being kind to myself? – You make a plan and agreement with yourself to take care of yourself. The best thing you can do is if you exercise the body, then the mind will look after itself. When the body is exhausted and tired out the mind tends not to question you so much about things. The mind is a very powerful thing if you let it run away with itself and any emotion you are feeling is something that can be controlled positively and you should always take it easy on your mind.
- Why should you be kind to yourself? – There are plenty of people out there that will always have an opinion of you and it really doesn’t matter. A lot of people can be full of jealousy and mostly they are unkind due to this fact. What someone thinks of you doesn’t really matter unless you are a plonker, but what you think of yourself will either hold you back in life or push you forward.
- What does it mean to be gentle with yourself? – It means to be kind to yourself and if you are kind, considerate, give love to others then you generally have nothing to worry about. Being kind to yourself is when you are confident that you are doing your very best in life in every way, when you fall in love with yourself then this will make sense.
So they are my top tips on how to be kind to yourself. It happens to us all in life when we become unhappy, don’t trust ourselves, don’t feel like we are going anywhere. When you make a plan in life however of what you want and how you are going to achieve it.
You learn to be kind to yourself because you know you will make mistakes and you will be happy with this. But with a thirst to obtain your goals and dreams you will learn to be kind to yourself.
If you need some help along the way with some motivation then feel free to join my transformation program at https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk where I will be with you every step of the way to help you live a happy and fulfilled life.
In the meantime take care and I wish you all the very best in life best wishes Scott