Life is a funny thing, but when you understand the “steps to changing” your life and how basic and easy to implement they are, then you will be able to live for yourself and learn how to be happier in life.
Before I begin with my tips below, I suffered from anxiety and depression for a long time and saw lots of therapists, tried different things, EFT, hypnosis, cranial osteopathy, drugs and whatever else you can think of, before I found the true meaning in life.
You see we all need some sort of belief system in our lives. Something that we can believe will make us better, when things go wrong and life turns upside down. Yes I know everything happens for a reason, but sometimes it still leaves a nasty taste in your mouth doesn’t it?
My belief system was the law of attraction, because I have always believed that like does attract like and that you can manifest anything into your life, but you also need to have the steps for changing your life in place too.
Which means having a plan of what you need to change and set off on a path to change them.
Now change isn’t easy to accept in life, but it is so much better to be in control of change. Rather than get to the point where change is enforced upon you and you have no choice but to go with it.
This is another lesson to be learned in life, is recognizing when a change is needed and doing something about it quickly before things drastically get worse. Nipping things in the bud I believe is the expression and you should always do this if you want to live a fulfilled life.
I don’t care what anyone says, but life is what you make of it.
You are in control of your own thoughts and your own destiny and it is ultimately only you that can change things.
Yes it can be damn hard to do sometimes, but by taking care of yourself first and foremost and following goals and a plan in life. Will stand you in better stead than just watching life go by and not doing anything about it.
So I am going to give you my top tips on the steps to changing your life so that you can find happiness along the way and find your purpose.
My Steps To Changing Your Life Quickly And Easily
- Step 1 – Understand Your Worth – We all are worthy of living a happy and fulfilled life no matter what anyone says to you. You may not have found your purpose in life yet but you do deserve to be happy.
- Step 2 – Get rid of those people who don’t add value to your life – If you spend more time arguing with someone than you do enjoying each others company then you need to do something about it. You need to surround yourself with people who value your worth and that means having friends with like minded thoughts and feelings. Don’t spend time trying to convince people to like you because there are others out there that will love you for who you truly are.
- Step 3 – You can have anything you want in life – It doesn’t matter what background you come from or your education. If you want something badly enough you will get it. It is only at desperate times that people tend to do anything about a situation. Don’t let this be you, if you want something put a plan together in life on how you can achieve it. It doesn’t matter how stupid it sounds the universe will show you how you can get it, you just need to make a start in the first place.
- Step 3 – Life is hard work – Life is hard work and full of ups and downs which makes it hard to stay consistent in life. One minute you feel great, the next you feel down and helpless. When you learn to understand that these are just thoughts that you are having and you learn to control them, things will change in your life. This isn’t just about being positive, it is a combination of having a purpose in life and using all your mind power to strive towards something, rather than keeping your mind occupied with un-useful negative thoughts which just bring you down. Accept every problem you have in life as being a challenge and you will proactively find a way to resolve them.
- Step 4 – Be Consistent – Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say and no matter what you want in life, it takes a little while to get there. So you need to enjoy the journey along the way. Take it step by step and reward yourself at every opportunity you get, when you get one step closer to achieving your dreams.
- Step 5 – Dream and dream big – Dream about what your life should look like, feel it, see it, smell it and when you have the drive and commitment to want it badly enough go out there and get it.
- Step 6 – Stop any self doubt – We have all been there and told ourselves I can’t do this, what if this happens, what if that happens. So what if it happens, what can be the worse thing that can happen, take every opportunity that comes in your life and go with it. If you make a mistake, don’t regret it, just work out a way to make it better. It is always best to try than live in a life of regret by not doing anything.
- Step 7 – Believe you can do anything – manifestation is an amazing thing and can be used during meditation or moments of clarity to give you the boost you need. When athletes compete in the Olympic Games, they have only one vision on their mind and in their thoughts and that is to win. They can see it, smell it and nothing is going to stop them. Belief is created from inside, don’t listen to criticism from others, unless it is useful of course, believe you can do it and you will be able to.
- Step 8 – Set yourself a goal – I want you to do something on this one for me.
- Sit down and think about something you want in your life
- Spend 30 minutes twice a day thinking about what you want and what your life would look like when you get it. What value would it add, how would you feel when you receive it.
- Spend some time writing down how you think you could get it. Explore every option you possibly can.
- Spend some more time combining what you want with how you can get it and in a moment of clarity you will see it clearly and the path to get there. It might not come straight away but it will.
- Then go out there and take action from your plan and don’t give up until you get it.
- Step 9 – Take time out for yourself – In this day and age no one can think straight with the demands of work, kids, partners, debts, facebook, whatsapp and whatever else is going on in your life. So it is really important to turn all the tech off and spend some time in your own thoughts. Now these should not be negative, worrying about bills or doing the ironing or whatever is on your mind. It is time to think about your life and what you can do to change it and make it better.
- Step 10 – Take care of your mental health – Mental health is a nightmare and affects us all at some point in life. In my experience the only way you can deal with this is by looking at life and saying okay I am going to do this today, I am going to do this tomorrow to improve my life and keeping your thoughts focused on moving forward. We are all living through the coronavirus currently and a World Pandemic which will change all of our lives in the future. But you can either get eaten up in it or you can look at ways to come out of this and build a better life. Just always keep your thoughts on positive aspects on life and how it will change when you achieve your dreams.
- Step 11 – Don’t be scared to ask for help – Most people who are successful in life will take great pride in helping other people out. It is a gift that most know is about the laws of reciprocation and that if you give love, kindness and a helping hand, it will always find it’s way back to you. So seek out others that can give you help and offer you additional steps to changing your life you can build upon too.
- Step 12 – Look after yourself -Living for yourself is a really important aspect that some of us don’t quite fathom in life. We are too caring and put others before us but you must think about your own happiness first and foremost. When you are happy and getting what you want in life, then give what you can to others and by doing this you will find the world changes around you.
- Step 13 – Make life simple – Follow the rules below to make your life simpler
- Set yourself goals and get yourself a purpose in life
- Don’t let others affect your mood. They could be having a really bad day, week, month or whatever. Just give them space and they will come back to you.
- Stop rushing around. This will just increase your anxiety and everything can wait until tomorrow.
- Be kind to other people. Be wary of what you say to others, always deal with others with kindness and then you never have to question yourself about whether you have done or said the right thing.
- Learn to apologize when you are in the wrong and mean it. We all do things wrong it is okay and acceptable.
- Be critically kind to yourself. Look at ways you can improve, socially and professionally and work on becoming a better version of you
- Believe that happiness starts with a smile when you wake up in the morning and follow it through the day and don’t let anything stand in its way.
- Stop complaining. We are all guilty of this but complaining does nothing for the soul apart from make us feel bad. Offer good critical advice on things and how they could have done it better.
- Have great manners. People will do anything for you if they feel appreciated for it. So pleases and thank you’s are paramount in every day life.
- Reward yourself for being awesome. If no one else will pat you on the back then do it yourself.
- Stop doing things that people don’t appreciate.
- Lower your expectations of others. When you don’t expect anything in the first place, people tend to surprise you more than offend you.
So there you have it. They are my top tips and inspiration on the steps to changing your life and I hope you like them. When I was at my darkest point I put a video series together to help others change their lives too.
In the meantime I wish you all the very best in your life and your future Scott.