The biggest “lesson to be learned” in life is that it is meant to fun, full of laughter, love and kindness and if you haven’t got that in your life then you need to go and find it. I spent years being miserable and looking for my meaning in life, suffering from anxiety and depression and never knowing whether I would live a fulfilled life or not.
You see life sometimes takes over and I was at work and we did a lesson to be learned session after delivering a major project and it hit me like a ton of bricks. You see most of us including me go through life being unhappy in work, unhappy in our relationship and just letting life pass us by. Then I thought why don’t I do a lessons learned session on my life and see what was the good and what was the bad, after all it couldn’t hurt could it.
The things I uncovered during this session even surprised me. Even though I was an avid fan of the law of the attraction and the secret and had manifested many things into my life. I just wasn’t happy. I had been divorced twice through no fault of my own, I got made redundant from my job and life just seemed to be slipping away from me in an avalanche of negative emotions.
Then I was sitting there in my conservatory thinking about the biggest lesson to be learned so far in my life and that was that I felt like I had the life sucked out of me and I desperately needed to change things for the better. I was on my own and had just broken my wrist and was feeling sorry for myself when I decided to put a program together videoing how I changed my life for the better. (You can find out more about that here https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk) It is now two years on and the below is what I did to change my life and how you can too.
My Lessons To Be Learned Tips
- We all have choices in life – My second wife just out of the blue told me she didn’t love me anywhere and didn’t want me around. It came as such a shock at first I didn’t know what to do. I knew that she meant it however and there was no resolving the situation. So I could either feel sorry for myself and curl up in a ball (1st choice) or take life by the balls and do everything possible to improve my life (2nd choice). I chose the second option by the way and so glad I did too as I have taken the 1st choice before and it just leads to the gateways off hell so it is always better to go upwards and not downwards.
- Don’t take things to heart – This was a big lesson learned for me as my ex just said. You aren’t the same man I married and I don’t look at you in the same way anymore. Now I could have taken this to heart and kicked back at her not being the women I met either, but you have to be the bigger person here. What I learned was, she was right, yes I admitted to myself that she was right but I also made a promise to myself that I would never end up in this position again. I looked at all the things I could have done wrong in the relationship and took accountability for it and changed it in the future.
- It is your life, take control of it – Another massive lesson I learned was that I would do anything for my ex and my daughter and pretty much put my own happiness on the back burner. I also realized that I blamed her for not having a life myself too, which was wrong of me, because it was my life and I should have taken control of it. I should have been a little more selfish and done things for myself, but I only had myself to blame and it wasn’t her fault.
- Life should be fun – I also realized that we were just not in live anymore and this meant there was no fun in our relationship anymore. It wasn’t either persons fauly but life lis meant to be fun. Maybe through all the stresses and the strains of bringing up children makes you grow apart. You should however always spend lots of time having fun.
- You should wake up looking forward to the day – If you are waking up in the morning depressed because you know your day is going to be awful then you are not going to have a great day. Your subconscious mind is a powerful thing and when you tell it, you are not looking forward to work, you hate your wife, your life or whatever, it is going to believe it and put you in a darn bad mood. You should want to wake up and be challenged by the day ahead, look forward to the smiles from your kids, kisses from your partner and the achievements you will make at work through the day.
- If you don’t like something change it – This is a majorly massive lesson to be learned if ever I heard one. Do you love your job? Do you love your relationship? Do you love your house? Just ask yourself some of those questions and more about whether you are happy with your life. Because if you aren’t you need to change them, we spend far too much time procrastinating in life which means we are back to the choices again. Which are (1st choice) Change whatever it is that is bothering you and never look back. (2nd choice) Either fix or accept the thing that is bothering you so things have a chance of getting better. (3rd choice) Do nothing and let pass life you by and just wonder what life would have looked like if you changed things earlier.
- Do not regret your decisions – Make decisions and stand by them and if you want to change things in your life, then you also need to have a plan on what your new life will look like. When you can move from something crappy with a vision to making things better then you have something to achieve in life and something to aim for.
- Don’t worry about upsetting others – This is your life not theirs. You cannot hold yourself accountable for anyone else’s emotions. If they cannot see that you are unhappy and don’t support you then they never will. You need to know that you have to move forwards in life and you cannot let others stop from you from having fun and living the life of your dreams.
- Find new friends and new surroundings – The other massive lesson I learned was that there are loads of people out there in life that want to spend time with you, that appreciate your sense of humour, your kindness, your personality and why would you therefore want to spend time with anyone that doesn’t appreciate it.
- Have courage – We can sometimes be scared of changing things in our lives because we don’t know what the future will hold. But what if you knew you were leaving one miserable life for one that was going to be the biggest adventure you could ever have and you would feel a million times better in life, would you take that option then? Of course you would so sit down and see what your life should like and set off with a plan to live your life to the fullest.
So there are some of the biggest lessons to be learned I went through in my life. Now I have a new beautiful and amazing wife and we spend most of our time laughing and enjoying ourselves. Now this isn’t luck it was planned and if you read some of my other posts you will see how we met and how LOA brought us together in life.
What it did make me realize though is that even at the ripe old age of 47 we can change our lives and we can move on and we do deserve a happy life and to spend it with someone that adores us and not someone that brings us down. So please make sure you look at the lessons learned in your life and look to improve on them and do something to change it.
You deserve to have a great life too, full of happiness and laughter and I hope to also see you on my transformation program too where I help you every day make a better life for yourself too.
In the meantime I hope you have a propserous and fulfilled life full of love. Best wishes Scott