“How To Not Be depressed” is the question today and it is a really important subject seeing how depression plays a major factor in today’s society.
Depression can be an illness and also a state of mind which we all tend to suffer at some points in our lives. It can be debilitating and you may not want to even get out of bed in the morning but it can be dealt with and I will give you my favorite tips below on how I dealt with my depression and came out the other side.
My Top Tips On How To Not Be Depressed
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Suffering from depression is confusing at the best of times. Even if you think you have everything in your life you can still suffer from depression.
- One of the ways I overcame my depression was by creating this blog and sharing my passion of overcoming anxiety and living a dream lifestyle. You can find out more about it here https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk Sometimes talking and sharing your emotions is the best thing you can do. Some people won’t get it and others will and some will simply tell you to get over it. Don’t take anything anyone else has to say to heart though as they are not you and they won’t understand why you feel this way.
- Remember materialistic things will only temporarily make you happy. If you want to become happy again read this article. It might just give you the inspiration you need. When you buy something it will give you temporary happiness but it won’t solve your problems.
- Depression can be initiated by so many different things but if you concentrate on the below you won’t go wrong.
- Life is about accomplishments and rewards. When you do things and you get rewarded, then you always have a sense of achievement in life. So if you are going to work or at home and you are not getting rewarded for the hard work you are putting in then change things. Everyone needs to be rewarded for what they do. If you remember when you were a kid you got stickers, trophies and all sorts when you were good and won. When you are an adult however it seems most of the things you do get taken for granted. So join a team or do an activity which has an outcome that makes you smile.
- Do not let others put you down, make you feel bad or stop you from being your true self. Anyone that does not add value to your life and big you up to become amazing stay away from.
- Other people generally do not like the fact other people are happy. A lot of people are sad or depressed nowadays because people have lost the art of communication. Having a chat with strangers people you know or generally just having a laugh with friends will always raise your spirits.
- Get out there and do some different things in your life. Try and find some inspiration and something that will give you happiness. You may not know what that might be, but if you try lots of different things you will find something that you are passionate about and your thoughts will revolve around that instead of concentrating on your depression.
- If you are looking for how to change yourself then read this article as it might help you out. Never try and change yourself however to please others as you will never achieve it. Be yourself and surround yourself with people that love you for who you are.
- Realize that you should not take your past as a signal of what the future looks like. People that have upset you or done bad things to you are only a small fraction of the people out there on this planet. There are plenty of other people that will look after you in the right way and love you for who you are.
- Always be yourself, you are capable of great things, no matter what anyone else tells you. We are all great at something and we just need to find out what we are great at and do more of it.
- Be kind and considerate to others. Despite whether other people are rude or horrible, never bring yourself down to their level. Be you and walk away from them with your shoulders held high.
- Know that everyday you are on this planet you have a choice to change. It might not be easy but you control your own thoughts, you control your own mind and once you realize everything is coming from you, it makes it easier to understand it. For instance no one really annoys you, it is just your reaction to them that makes you annoyed. When you just say heah ho never mind dickhead and walk away, you refuse to change your mood through the injustice of others.
- Have a plan in life and get out there and enjoy it. It doesn’t matter how crappy you feel, force yourself to get out there and get some fresh air. Think about what you can do in life to make it more enjoyable.
- Realize you will have bad days and don’t think everything is going down the pan just because you have a bad day. Then pick yourself back up again and get back on that horse.
- Refuse to give into it, fight it, shout at it and tell yourself you are going to have a great life, you are going to get better. Our minds are funny things and once you tell yourself a million times you are depressed, you have to tell it 2 million times that you aren’t to counteract those initial thoughts and feelings. Our brains are like a computer storing information all the time, so subconsciously when you recognize yourself saying your depressed, change it to, crikey I’m having a bad day but it will all be good tomorrow.
I know the above sounds really simple and depression really is a nightmare and you will know that. All you can do is fight it and that is why I put my transformation program together to try and help you fight it. So be sure to check it out and I will help you along the way in your journey.
I wish all the very best of luck in your future and hope you manage to beat your depression. All my best wishes Scott