Today’s topic is all about “5 things you would like to change about your life – What are They? I am only interested because when my life fell apart, it was really important for me to concentrate on how to be happier and the 5 things you see below that changed my life dramatically and you can tell me what 5 things would change your life too.
The 5 Things I Used To Change My Life
- I swore to never give my time to those people that didn’t give anything back
- I swore to never let my past have an impact on my future
- I swore I would never ever be overweight again and chose fitness to be a lifestyle choice I will never go back on
- I swore to be happy everyday and not let anyone bring me down
- I swore to love my partner and my children and put them first each and every time they needed me
Now those 5 things might not seem much to you but let me explain why I chose these in the first place and what impact it had on my life and how they led to me being happier.
You see one day my life fell apart my job was in jeopardy and as a result my wife couldn’t take the pressure and decided she didn’t see me as the man I once was.
Now when you have 2 massive life changing experiences happen at the same time you have 2 choices – go down with the ship and live a life of depression and anxiety or you rise from the rafters and never put yourself in that position ever ever again.
Sometimes you never know people or what they are really thinking in life. People interpret situations and conversations in an entirely different way than you think they have taken them.
Everyone is allowed in this World to make choices and decisions that impact their life and to live a life they justly deserve. Once you grasp the concept that sometimes you can be wrong, you can improve, you do make mistakes and see them as something you can use to improve your life then your life itself will change.
So I decided to cut everyone out of my life that said anything negative about my ex wife or couldn’t see her side of the story. Many people where riddled with anger due to the circumstances but I didn’t feel that she deserved it. I also cut out anyone from my life that wasn’t there for me in a positive way either. This was great at really sifting through the useless parasites in my life that added no value at all and giving me time to concentrate and spend time with those that did matter.
I told myself that I wouldn’t let this situation or my other previous divorce dictate how I would feel in the future either. I became determined to only give my time to my true love this time. No compromises nothing, they had to be absolutely perfect in every way and adore me for my kindness and generosity.
It is sometimes easy for us to get caught up in life get whisked away with the feelings of love and finally get married. But I knew those 2 times it just wasn’t going to be right and I shouldn’t have gone ahead with getting married. But I now have 3 amazing and beautiful children I adore and they are the best thing ever so I don’t regret anything whatsoever.
By the way I put together a transformation program for you guys too on how I went from being anxious and overweight to absolutely loving life by changing my habits and my priorities. You should really check it out if you need help changing your life too. You can find it here https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk
The next thing I did was lose the weight I had put on through working away and eating too many meals and too much beer. You can find out more about me losing 5 stone here It was actually pretty easy to achieve as all I did was walk for an hour a day up the hills and ate fish or chicken with salad or vegetables and ketosis kicked in and the weight dropped off me.
I now actually train 3 times a day to keep myself occupied and busy but being fit and eating home cooked foods and cutting out the beer has changed my life dramatically. It is great to have so much energy and be able to play with the kids all day long.
If you look after your body your mind will also look after itself too. So if you are suffering from anxiety or depression fitness really is the way to go. The reason most people don’t like it or fail is because they think you have to beast yourself in the gym and that is not true.
Exercise is about burning calories and all you have to do is get on a treadmill put the incline on full and walk as fast as you can for half an hour a day. This will burn around 500 to 600 calories but you will continue to burn more afterwards. This is more than enough to kick start your metabolism and if you eat healthy the weight will drop off.
I also swore to be happy everyday because I realized that I am very lucky to have everything i have, although sometimes it can be hard to be grateful, you have to do this in order to learn how to be happier. But when you realize that life is for living and you are fit, you look forward to doing things, you are happy to make changes to your life, you can brush off things that annoy you and smiling really is the best thing for you and everyone around you. I did a video about how smiling at others can make you happy here
I swore to always put my partner first and family. You see I am very lucky in that I asked the Universe for a perfect partner after I was fed up of being on my own and that is what I got. The most beautiful and amazing lady that cherishes every minute she spends with me. Her love makes me want to buy her flowers, be a true gentleman, write her love letters, tell her shes beautiful because she puts as much effort into the relationship as I do.
I put my kids on the back burner for holidays to save up for new stables for my ex and other things. When it wasn’t ever really appreciated and I often regretted not spending that money on making memories with the kids.
You forget that children only ever want your time and your live. Anything else they really do not need, they just want to be encouraged, told your proud of them but sometimes taking them away so you can spend that time with them should be paramount to escape your surroundings.
I also wrote an article on What To Do When You Want To Change Your Life that you might find interesting.
So the one thing I have learned through life is to just keep moving forward, stay happy, keep smiling, stay focussed and have big dreams in life. Don’t let life pass you by and make excuses of how you are unhappy just take the steps above on how to be happier and do it now.
We control our own destiny’s we are in charge of our own futures and if you are struggling to change your life then do check out my transformation program as I am there everyday to help you along the way to change your life and change your mindset. You will finally be able to answer the question what is life’s meaning for me
So now you know what things I concentrated on in my life let me know the 5 Things You Would Like To Change About Your Life in the comments section below.
Frequently asked questions about 5 things you would like to change about your life
- What are the things you want to change in your life? – This is a great question to ask yourself. We all have things that we are not particularly happy with and recognizing what needs to change is paramount to living a happy life. It is really easy to sit back and just put up with things you don’t like in life but if you really are unhappy you have to make a choice to change them.
- What are the things you would like to change about yourself? – Being self critical is a really important asset to have in life. When you can recognize the pieces of you that could be improved you will go places. As you can self develop yourself to become a much happier and better person. For me learning to say no more would be one, to put myself first sometimes instead of others, to always be a better person.
- What are 3 things you would change about yourself? – Quite an easy one this one for me. Head towards more perfection in things I do rather than just getting things out there. Sometimes I can be lazy when I know motivation is always needed. To use my skills more and move upwards more quickly in my work.
- How can I change my life for the better? – The best thing you can to change your life for the better is find out what makes you happy and do more of it. When you are happy everything goes well and therefore if you find a job you enjoy a lot things will benefit as a result of that. You will feel accomplished at work and quite often then be happier in your relationships as well. So if you are unhappy with anything in your life then set out on a path to change it and that is the way you can change your life for the better.
Wishing you all the very best in the future Scott