Sometimes you just sit down and think damn is life supposed to be this hard, aren’t I supposed to be happy and living a fulfilled life? That is where today’s article on “what to do when you want to change your life” comes from and how to be happier everyday.
It is a question that a lot of people ask and at one stage I asked myself the same question several times. When some life changing events happened however I was forced to find what would help me change my life because it felt like it was over. You can find out more about my story in my 60 Day change your life program.
But let’s get back onto today’s topic of what to do when you want to change your life and put some handy tips for you below to follow.
My Top Tips On What You Should Do To Change Your Life For The Better
- Change in your life is always going to be uncomfortable at first but when you recognize that change invokes positive lifestyle changes when done properly it is easier to accept
- Be in control of your life and change things yourself, don’t wait till the bitter end when change is enforced upon you
- Create a list of things that you think will add massive value to your life. It doesn’t matter how wild or weird they sound, just write them down for now as a good place to start
- Go through your list and see if there are any quick wins that you can pull out that will put a smile on your face. For every change that you can do that helps you get to where you want to be is a small step on the ladder to happiness no matter how small it is
- dream and dream big about things. Get some quiet time and just dream about what your dream life would be like, big house, loving family, nice car, vacations, hobbies whatever you want it to be
- Once you have your dream mapped out even if it seems silly start thinking about ways that you can get them. Crazy as it sounds the universe has a way of bringing ideas and things into your life when you concentrate on really wanting them
- Check out my article on 15 Ways To Change Your Thoughts And Transform Your Life if you want some additional tips for success
- If you are bored in life get out there and try new things. You will never get anywhere sitting in front of the tele thinking your life away. Life should be an adventure get out there meet people go new places and have fun
- Watch some of my change your life transformation videos for inspiration on making your life better on a daily basis. You can find them here
- Talk to your friends and family about your plans and what you are doing. They may say you are daft and you will never achieve them. But if you chase your dreams and you try hard it will be you that is wiping the smile of their face when you get the paradise you are looking for
- Don’t be scared to look at things to change your life. Sometimes small things like finding a new hobby can bring enormous happiness into your life and when you are in a happy and positive state, everything else seems so much easier too
- You have to do things now. The longer you think about things the less likely you are to invoke change. As soon as you get a thought in your mind about doing something, put something in the diary straight away to do it. Everything in life likes speed, if you wait too long you will miss the boat on the idea
- Get up and smile everyday, you are in total control of your own happiness and smiling at other people too really helps to create a lovely atmosphere around you
- Talk to people as you walk down the street, get on the bus etc. Find out what they do and what excites them, it is amazing how many great people you will meet this way and the interesting things they get up to in life
- Hang around with other dreamers and action takers. Having people around that encourage you find ways to change your life for the better is the best way to be. If you hang around with the nay sayers they will probably put you off
Now I know all of the above sounds pretty easy right but anyone can learn how to be happier. I learnt the hard way that chasing material things and trying to keep others in life does not make you happy.
What makes you happy inside is finding something rewarding in life, something that makes you smile. When you are happy you will find everyone around you will be happier too – great emotions really do rub off on others.
If you need some help finding other ways to change your life then think about joining my transformation program where I will be with you every day in a series of videos to spur you on to change your life for the better.
Wishing you all the best for the future Scott