How to be happy with yourself, WOW where do we start with this subject. Happiness is the greatest achievement in life when you find it, but just how do you really find it. Let’s have a look at my top tips below on how to be happier and see if they resonate with you.
My top tips on how to be happy with yourself
- Do not listen to others opinions. You are you, the one and only you and don’t ever let anyone put you down or make you feel unhappy.
- Most of the time you cannot change who you are so becoming comfortable with who you really are is paramount to achieving happiness in life.
- Look in the mirror and take a really good look at yourself. Don’t concentrate on the bits you don’t like. Concentrate on the bits you do, your great smile, your sparkly eyes, your hair and learn to love what you see.
- Follow my transformation program at https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk to give you some inspiration about how to deal with your own happiness in your own way.
- Hang around with other people that inspire you and love you for who you really are. If you are struggling with this then read this article
- Put a smile on your face and be kind to others. A lot of people are unhappy nowadays for lots of reasons, but if you take the time to smile at people it will make your day a happier one.
- Have a plan of things you want to achieve in life. Don’t waste your time on social media or watching television. The World is an amazing place and you can achieve anything you want to in life if you are only willing to work hard enough to obtain it.
- Give your friends and family hugs. Be open and caring, hugs are a great way to feel loved and love from others will really ignite your passion for life.
- Don’t be scared off things. Everything is in your own imagination and your own thoughts. Tell yourself you can do anything you want to if you only put your mind to it. If you are needing a little happiness in life then read this.
- You only get one life. Don’t waste a minute of it thinking this life is rubbish. Get out there and do things that bring happiness into your life.
- Happiness is a choice, you choose whether to smile, you choose whether to be annoyed, you choose whether to be unhappy. Most of the unhappiness stems from not being fulfilled in life.
- Do a job that gives you satisfaction and rewards. There is no point going to work thinking darn it I have this job. If you really don’t like it either change it or find things in that job that will make you happy.
- Volunteer for things and make other people happy too. There is a lot to be said for giving to others and you could make someone very happy just by helping out for a few hours.
- Believe that you will be happy and you will. Our minds are very powerful things and what we tell it is what it believes. So if you tell yourself you are unhappy you are convincing yourself that this is the case. The more you do it the worse the situation gets.
- Get out and socialize with people. Talk to strangers, go to the pub and get yourself out there.
- Exercise, although it is tough joining a gym for the first time if you are unfit. Once you get yourself fit and healthy you will love it and if you join some classes, not only will you meet new people but you will have something to look forward to.
- Reward yourself, if you think you have done something great, give yourself a big pat on the back and tell yourself you are amazing.
- No one else will provide the happiness for you, they can only contribute to it. If you are miserable then people will gravitate away from you. If you are smiling however people will gravitate towards you.
- Jump out of bed in the morning with a smile on your face and a spring in your step. Motivate yourself that you are going to have a great day whether you feel like it or not.
- Do everything you can to be yourself and say yes to more things. Do things that make you feel happy and that you are passionate about.
So all the above sounds good right but if you really are struggling to find your own happiness, things will only change if you really do something about it.
As I said above the issue we have is we can all have good and bad days but it really is down to yourself whether you enjoy a specific experience or not. If you tell yourself you are not happy you really won’t be. If you are doing something you don’t like or just generally unhappy with life itself, then do something to change it.
Life can be an amazing adventure if we open our eyes to the opportunities around us. Things don’t have to cost money to be amazing experiences and materialistic things will only ever give us temporary happiness.
Happiness comes from being happy in yourself, knowing you are doing the best you can, not listening to others criticism, having a plan in life, wanting to have adventures, go on holidays, experience life, see life for what it is, socialize and have fun. If you are missing these things from your life then that might be why you are finding it difficult to find happiness itself.
All of a sudden life won’t change unless you take the opportunity to make life what you want to make it and implement all the tips above on how to be happier. Surrounding yourself with things that make you happy is paramount. Being happy with yourself has to come from the inside and that is why you really need to look after yourself first and foremost.
So life can and should be fun so make the most of it, brush off all the negative emotions, always move forward, forget about the past, don’t let one person influence the way you feel about others, do what you want to in life and just keep smiling.
I hope this article has helped in some way and I wish you all the very best for the future Scott.