If you want to know “how to be successful in life” then hopefully the tips below will help you on your way.
You see it is quite easy and depending on the level of success you want to achieve and whether you have the drive and commitment to get there. Is what will make you stand out from everyone else in the crowd.
When I was younger my level of success was always to have a great job, company car, 6 figure salary and be a smart manager / business man and I smashed it.
Coming from having absolutely no qualifications and starting work at the age of 16 I learnt a lot about communication and success along the way.
Talking about being 16, I got my first job as a junior negotiator in an estate agents. At this time I met one of the mortgage brokers, who was into LOA and knew the secret to life.
He was always happy, singing all the way, worked hard played hard, never listened to anything negative and just blew all the other brokers out of the market. He gave me a CD from Brian Tracy who I thought was absolutely amazing.
I learnt so much from him on how to be successful in life and especially around the areas of goalsetting and having a do it now attitude towards life. So much so that by following the other priniciples below made me what I am today.
My Top Tips On Being Successful In Life
- Work out what success looks like to you – How would you measure success? What it does it mean to you and what does it look like? Sit down when you have clarity of mind and work out what you want to achieve in life. It is important to have a purpose in life you just have to work out your meaning to get there.
- Build your goals around this – In the corporate world they will tell you to have SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Accountable, Realistic and Timely. However all you need to do is work out what you want and put it down on paper.
- Build your plan – If you walk around wondering about the meaning of life and not doing anything about it, you won’t actually get anywhere. So you need to put everything you want to do, have a timeline you want to achieve it by and then work towards them. They might change along the way, but at least this way you can measure your achievements towards this.
- Don’t give up and stay committed – You are going to come across hurdles along the way and also rejections, disasters and losses. Do not let these put you off, stay strong and committed to what you want to achieve and why you want to achieve it.
- Visualize it – manifestation is a great way to visualize what your ideal life will look like and when you have a plan and goals to achieve it is surprising how quickly these things will come to you.
- Socialize and meet others with similar interests – You never know who you are going to bump into in your daily life and what value they can add to your life. For me I met another guy in the pub I got talking to who was a millionairre and owned his own computer business. After serveral chats he gave me a job which put me onto the career ladder for IT which was were my career really took off.
- Have manners – It is surprising in todays age how little manners some people have. So if you have great manners and are polite and friendly it is amazing what other people will do to help you out.
- Use other people to your adavantage – This is not about taking advantage of people but as an example. You hear people moan about their managers all the time and they hate their job. Well I always get on well with the managers and work out what their pain points are, what keeps them up at night and what stresses them out. Once I have found out about these things, I proactively go and fix them for them. So who do you thin will get the next pay rise, me or the person who is complaining all the time.
- Find people who are already successful in your field – This is a great way to copy others who are already succeeding, most successful people will help you if they can seeyou are motivated, friendly, will give back and most of all will implement their advice.
- Stop any excuses – We all make excuses, but when you do, see that you are only putting off the inevitable. See everything you do in life as being a challenge not a problem and actively work to resolve them. When you go oh poo I’ll never be able to do it, you have just set the seed in your subconscious mind that can stop you moving forward. Rather than saying darnn it, this has happened, what can I do it about it, what if I do this, what if I do that. This way at a moment when you expect it, you will have clarity and the answer will pop right into your mind and help you correct the situation.
- Believe you can do anything – With the right education and environment, all of us are capably of doing anything. No one became good at anything without practice, so the aim is to learn from your mistakes, improve and never make the same mistake again.
- Be a good person – Yes a weird one I know, but who do you think someone would want to employ more, the talkative, outgoing, positive, friendly and kind person or the reserved, quiet, low mannered, unmotivated person? Yep it is not rocket science right, everyone wants to employ the right people, so the best you can be always.
- Keep learning – None of us know everything and our knowledge in any area can always be improved. So set aside time for learning more about your field, it is great for the brain and also your future.
- Be consistent – One of the hardest things in life is staying consistent in your endeavours. That is why you questions yourself everytime you should be going to the gym. These are just your minds way of playing games with you, so learn not to question yourself and just do the things you know you need to do and don’t put yourself off.
- Have lots of fun along the way – Life is eant to be enjoyable, we aren’t meant to sit on the settee being bored and letting life pass us by. Unless you see that as your success factor that this. Just get out there and have fun with people, have a laugh and enjoy everyday of your journey getting to where you want to be.
- Take risks – Yep if you want to learn how to be successfull in life, then you will have to take risks along the way. There will be some that work out and some that fail, but the last thing you want is think I should have done this, or I should have done that. When you learn to live with regrets and see them as a learning curve you will be able to keep moving forward in life.
- Reward yourself – When you succeed and you hit your goals it is important to recognize these important achievements and you should give yourself a massive pat on the back. Rewards and recognition in life are paramount to our own happiness.
- Help others and they will help you – I quite often see and I am sure you have too where people take others work and put their name to it. Do not do this, you should be unique and valued and so should everyone else. Adopt a team attitude and you will grow with others and not against them. You can amazing on your own but even more successful as a team , because everyone has their own unique skills to contribute to life, so don’t go upsetting anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Be Successful
- How can I become rich and successful? Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple solution to just becoming rich and successful. You can become rich if you win the lottery, inherit money but that won’t mean that you are successful as well. So, first of all, you need to decide what success looks like to you. What does it actually mean? Does it mean running a multi-million dollar company, or looking after your kids prior to school? There are lots of definitions of success that only can define for your own vision. If however, you know what you want in life, then that is the first step on the ladder. If you can find something that you enjoy or are passionate about. Then you will become really good at what you do because you will have the enthusiasm to do more. Having that passion along with massive action through goal setting and hurdling over any obstacles in your way, will get you off on the right path. Successful people will let nothing stand in the way of their dreams, see failure as a challenge and worthwhile pursuit of their dreams. Will all this hard work lead you to be being rich? Possibly not as that is down to whether or not you choose to do something that has a market worth. If you pursue something hard enough with a market worth and stay consistent you will be likely to become rich and successful as a result of that.
- How do you start being successful? This is down to having a winners attitude, you have heard about being a bad sport? Well, you are going to fail and lose a lot on the path that you choose. Acceptance of this position really is paramount to be successful. The next phase is as above, knowing what you want? Then taking action and it doesn’t matter what that action is, as long as it is a step towards finding out how to achieve your goals. Having a plan and moving towards it daily and getting the rewards and recognition for what you do. This leads to a successful life because you feel proud of your achievements and this will spur you on to do more. That is where the attitude comes from, a do it now approach, rather than leaving things and never doing anything about them. Anybody in this day and age can be successful if you just believe in yourself and your journey, take action, be courageous, and never give up no matter what happens.
- What does it take to be successful in life? It takes hard work and determination and stopping any intrusive thoughts or obstacles that get in your way. To be kind to others and ask for help but also offer others value in return. Many people will help you if they can see that you are willing to put in the effort and give it a go. Successful people do like helping others as they can understand the struggles that people go through when truly following their dreams in life. So be courageous, have a plan, take action, work the plan, fail lots, learn more, keep going and never give up, be proud of what you do, help others and give back.
- What makes a person successful? As I said above success comes in different forms. You might be a stay at home mum who gave up their career. Are you successful? Of course, you are because hopefully, you have brought up your beautiful children with manners and respect, they dote on you, you have been there for them and have done the best job possible. So that is why you have to define your measure of success, don’t look at people for material reasons, look at their success as a person. What have they achieved, what value have they offered the World, are they a kind person, are they admirable? It is the quality of someone that determines success and not materialism. Someone can have all the wealth on the Earth but can be a horrible person deep inside. Someone that be beautiful but so unhappy. So success to me is when you are proud of who you are and what you stand for, the value you give other people, the kindness you bestow on others, your empathy, your confidence in what you believe in, your ability to make a room glow, your ability to change your own and other people’s lives.
- Can I be successful in life? You can be anything you want to be in life if you want it badly enough that is and are willing to work hard for it. Life is really what you make of it and when you have the passion and drive to obtain your goals, you will find that nothing will stop you. Take advice from people that know what they are talking about and don’t listen to criticism from others. Believe that you can have anything in life and then work hard to achieve it. Never question whether you will get there, know that you will it’s just you don’t know when. So success should be measured with how happy you are with taking your journey and how much of it you have managed to achieve. Other people’s opinions do not matter because when you feel successful inside, your confidence will grow and people will look and go wow look at them.
So there you have it they are my thoughts on how you can be successful in life. The basics of it are, be kind, give love, work hard, play hard, stay consistent, be positive, help others and just get off your bum and go out there and kill it in life.
Life really is a funny thing and it is quite often just a mindset change that stops us being who want to be and obtaining what we want in life. I have had many ups and downs and just love sharing my experience with others, which is why I put together my change your life forever program that you can join today if you like my work.
It is a daily set of videos helping you to be succesful in your life too. So do come and join me and in the meantime I wishe you all the very best in your future Scott.