“What should I do for a living?”
It is a question that all of us ask ourselves in life. It maybe just once. But more than likely it will take a few goes at working out what type of a living would really make you happy.
You always get asked the question what would you like to do for a living when your a child. Why do people ask that? As if at 14 you really know what you want to do in life. Or maybe if you have a massive passion or talent it could make the journey a bit simpler for you.
For most of us however asking ourselves what should I do for a living is going to crop up time and time again. So let me give you some top tips below on finding a job / living that you will be really happy with.
My Top Tips On Finding A Living You Will Be Happy With
What Should I Do For A Living Tips
- Find something you are interested in If you don’t find a living that you are at least slightly interested in then you are not going to have much fun. Can you remember being at school and I bet the subjects you didn’t like or weren’t interested in you probably didn’t do too well at. So always look for something that floats your boat in the interest department.
- Find something you enjoy doing If you enjoy doing certain things then a job no matter what it is will still hold its interest for you. Some people love repetitive tasks, some people love stressful hobs, some people love being outdoors and so on. So if you find something you enjoy then you are halfway there to having a great job already.
- Do something you are passionate about The world is an amazing place now and technology allows anyone to do anything from anywhere. There are 14 year old millionaires from YouTube and Amazon nowadays, so there is no excuses for not doing something like blogging or selling something if you have a passion about that subject. Most people love to hear from knowledgeable people on a subject and as everyone is at different skill levels there is always a place to teach others and gain a tribe or following online. Doing something you are passionate about will have you jumping out of bed in the morning rushing to get to work.
- Try lots of different things If you don’t try something how do you know whether you would like it or not? Whilst something might sound uninteresting or boring from an outside perspective once you delve into the job it could have really exciting aspects too it. Reach out to different business owners and people and see if you can spend sometime with them learning about a field that you may be interested in.
- Qualify yourself Once you find something that interests you and you are passionate about and enthusiastic then you can put your everything into it. This might mean getting qualifications in that field and now on the internet has never been a better time to be able to learn more about any subject and get qualified.
- Make sure it is rewarding None of us want a job were we aren’t rewarded for our efforts. Since we are kids we have been brought up to do things by getting rewards. If you do good in class you get a badge, if you win at sports you get a trophy etc. These are all things that can you spur you on to do better. So if the company you work for doesn’t reward you in the way you need just look for another company as quick as possible and move on.
- Work hard No matter what living you decide to take you should always put in the hard work. After all you are getting paid and if you don’t enjoy it move on as quickly as you can. Work is a big thing for most of us to be unhappy on a day to day basis is not a good thing.
- Do something that makes you happy It might be the job or it could be the people you work with. But finding your happy place is really important. Life is tough enough as it is without being unhappy in the workplace. Once you find something following the rules above you will find that overall life becomes better because you are following a passion, being interested and excited and most of all putting in the effort.
So all of the above sounds easy but you really do have to fish around in life to find something that you love. I have done so many jobs I have lost count but my passion is helping others which I do on my transformation program you can find at https://changeyourlifeforever.co.uk
I have been in your place and life can be a happy place when you look at things in a different way and are kind to others but also make sure you keep yourself in a happy place too. I know how hard it is to find your why, sometimes life just fly’s by and before we know it we are stuck in a dead end job and a dead end life.
It doesn’t have to be that way though. If you can at least strive to be happy in your living then you are halfway there already. The big thing that most of us have to take into account is to stop making excuses, excuses just delay the inevitable. If you find that you are stuck in a living you just cannot stand then change it today.
We all deserve to be happy in life and there is just nothing worse than finding a living that makes you grumpy as soon as you wake up in the morning. So get out there now and find a living that you can be completely happy with.
Do check out my program it is free and you have me everyday helping you to make changes in your life until you find your happy place also. You can also read some interesting articles I put together on I don’t know what do with my life you can find by clicking here
In the meantime I wish you all the very best at finding what you should do for a living and hope you find your why. Best wishes Scott