Transcript On How To Never Give Up
Hi, and welcome to changeyourlifeforever.co.uk. Podcast it’s Scott, your host talking again, and today we are going to talk about why you should never give up and its true, right. Life is a challenge life is one of those things that we fail at sometimes we come across obstacles that we feel like we can’t get over, we want to lose weight. We want to be fit. We want a great job and we keep trying and when we’re trying we just think that it’s not worth it.
And we just say to ourselves, I give up. I give up, I don’t need it. I’m never going to be able to do it. And I’m never going to get what I want, but your mind and your body are powerful things. When you tell them to Never Give Up when you tell it that you can do this, that you can do anything in life. Then your focus changes because you can see what you want. And if you want something badly enough, you won’t give up.
0 (1m 3s):
You will keep going. You will keep trying. But the hard thing is, is to control your mind enough to know that you’re gonna get it and accept failure along the way. It’s like, if you’ve ever been to the gym, your working out and you go, God, this is hard work. I can’t do this. I’m going to give up. I’m going to cut it short. I’m not feeling it tonight, but if you just turned that around and say to yourself, I’m not going to give up. I am going to push myself harder.
0 (1m 34s):
I am going to try harder. I am going to get through this. I am going to benefit from this and the rewards, if you have them in mind of, getting a better physique, looking good, feeling good, and you keep that focus. And you know that what you’re doing is going to get you to where you want then giving up becomes less of an option because it is the easy way out. We can all give up. We can all try. And then our self worth kicks in and says we can’t do it.
0 (2m 7s):
We can’t do it. And we convince ourselves of that and then before you know it, we’ve given up before we’ve reaped the rewards of what we want and life can be amazing. If you just choose to go out there and get what you want. If you choose to stay on that path and stay positive and stay consistent, right? You will get what you want and you will stand out above the crowd. You will be one of those people that everyone goes, wow.
0 (2m 38s):
Look at them. And have you ever seen on the TV, people running marathons and people are staggering over the finish line falling over. Some of them are dragging themselves on the floor across the line because they will not accept failure. They will not give up. They will go all that way and make it across that finishing line. And it’s an amazing quality to have to push yourself so far that you can just keep going no matter what the outcome.
0 (3m 12s):
And they teach you this in the forces that every single day, they push you and push you and push you to the point where they will want you to give up. But when you’re out in the war, when you are getting fired upon you, can’t be tired you can’t be hungry. You can’t give up because otherwise you’re gonna die. And some of the things that we do in life, we have to look at it and go, what does this mean to me to get it? What is the value of what I’m doing to make it so worthwhile that I am not willing to give up along the way and just push yourself.
0 (3m 45s):
And if you finding that those negative thoughts, come in, those intrusive thoughts come along and kind of whack you along the way then get yourself a trainer, get yourself a trainer, either in life or at the gym who will push you, who will make sure that giving up is not an option. You don’t want to say to yourself, I’m going to give up. You don’t want to give in. You want to give it every effort every day. Habits takes about two months to form. So if you change your attitude into one that doesn’t think about failing, doesn’t think about giving up.
0 (4m 22s):
It just thinks about success. Over those 2 months. If you tell yourself every day I’m gonna do this, I am going to do it. I can do it. You will do it. And those thoughts about, not doing it, I can’t do it and everything else will go away, but you have to train your mind to do it. Even things like interviews, you’re desperate for a job, just keep trying never give up, stay positive, know that there’s something out there.
0 (4m 54s):
And know that you will get that job, know that the right job is waiting for you. But the problem is, is our minds come into play again. And they say, I’m not good at this. I was rubbish in that interview. You know, I’m never going to get this job. That’s where we have to control our thoughts and control our minds. Everything is a learning curve. If we can’t do something then learn from it and made sure next time you do it better, that next time you were more prepared. Next time you put in more effort.
0 (5m 25s):
Next time you train a little bit more, but don’t give up, giving up is the option that will allow you to go, well, I can’t do this. When you can do it, you can do anything you want to in life. If you are willing to try hard enough and not give up. It really is a great thing, when you master it, when you focus your mind on moving forward, getting what you want, receiving the rewards and recognition at the end of it and going, wow, I did that.
0 (5m 58s):
It’s like climbing a mountain. You look at all these mountaineers go to the top of Everest and everything else. Their fingers are freezing off and their in the ice cold, but they still keep going. So it shows you that the mindsets of people that don’t give up can achieve whatever they want to. And you can have it. You can turn this around. You can make life what you want it to be. You just need some encouragement to make that when you’re coming to cross that line.
My Top Tips On Never Giving Up On Your Dreams
- Put a pause on it – If you really are thinking I give up, then just take a pause from it. Do not throw in the towel, just take a moment out to collect your thoughts and have some clarity on what this really means to you. Then muster the confidence again to say no way am I giving up, I can do this, I will do this and nothing is going to stop me.
- Believe in yourself – Take control of everything positive you can and tell yourself that you believe that you can do this. You believe that it is worth the pain, you believe that you have the strength to carry on through this. You believe that it will make you stronger, you believe that it will make you a better person in the end.
- Scream and shout – You don’t have to do this one out loud, but shout at yourself, become your own motivator and coach in your own head. Shout at yourself that you are not giving up, you are not going to fail at this, you are going to muster all your strengh and push yourself to the absolute maximum. You are not going to let yourself down by throwing in the towel.
- Learn from this – If you do give up, try again but learn from your experience. If you need to do more next time then do it, whether that is training, learning or whatever. Do not let this experience conquer you, get back up on your horse and do it and do it as quickly as you possibly can. Accept any failure along the way but do not accept overall failure on this.
- Get inspiration – Learn from other people on how they got through this, how they learned to not give up. How they pushed themselves when they felt like giving in. Take their inspiration and use it to your advantage.
- Be courageous – Do not be deterred by danger or pain. The pain will go away along with the danger. Stop questioning yourself and just push yourself forwards. This is temporary but the rewards and recognition will be worth it.
- Self esteem – When you do this when you don’t give in. Your self esteem will go through the roof. Yes you might be a little bit bruised, but you will feel amazing at your accomplishments.
- Do more of it – Once you conquer not giving up. Do it again and do it better this time, go through it with all the lessons you have learned. The more we do things, the more we can push ourselves. We are capable of great things if we have the tenacity to keep moving forward.
- Learn to enjoy it – Enjoy pushing your mind and body to the maximum. Prove to yourself that you are capable of doing great things. Prove to yourself that you are an amazing person and you can do anything that you want to. Love yourself for what you have been through and be proud of your accomplishments.
Frequently Asked Questions About Never Giving Up
- What does it mean to never give up? It means that you are never willing to throw in the towel, no matter how hard things get. That you are willing to push your mind and body to the maximum to get you where you want to be in life. It means finding out more about yourself and what you are physically and mentally capable of achieving in life. It means working out where your failure points are and when you can no longer move forward. We all have points at which we cannot be pushed any further, but pushing yourself towards these will raise your self esteem and confidence in yourself. If you learn to accept failure as a learning curve that is.
- Why you should never give up? Because you can do this. You can learn to take control of your mind and body. You can achieve anything you want in life. Giving up means that you are willing to accept that you cannot achieve this, when you can. You will be so close to your goal that it is wasted effort to not continue moving forward towards success.
- Why do I quit so easily? Everything life is about education and experience. The more we understand ourselves and what we are capable of the better the experience. By doing more of things and practicing makes us better at what we do, until we hit a ceiling that is. So if you are finding that you quit easily try doing things that make you happy, or you enjoy. It is so much easier to push yourself when you get a reward that you are really happy with at the end. Like dangling a carrot for a donkey, everyone needs something at the end of the journey to make it worthwhile. You just might not have had a juicy enough carrot to get you rmotivated in the first place.
- Is it okay to give up sometimes? Obviously we all have limitations, so yes it is okay to give up sometimes. Especially if this leads to physical or emotional distress that will have long term effects. We cannot win at everything, but we can learn and that is part of life is testing those boundaries and finding out more about ourselves along the way.
- How do I motivate myself to not give up? This is a mindset of success. You have to push yourself forward and stop all the intrusive thoughts along the way. Do more things that you can achieve to get the rewards and confidence first and foremost. Then push yourself further with the things that you think you cannot achieve. Building up our confidence and learning our boundaries are paramount to feeling good about ourselves. There is no point pushing ourselves if the effects are going to be detrimental. So this is about having a do it now attitude and just not giving up. It doesn’t matter that you don’t win, but it does matter if you give up too early.
- How do I stop giving up? Grit your teeth and enjoy the ride. Turn the voices in your head into one’s of a positive nature that can tell you, that you can do this. You can do anything that you put your mind too. Feel good about your achievements and keep going towards them at every opportunity. Pace yourself and set yourself proper goals. There is no point trying to achieve something like running a marathon if you aren’t going to train hard enough. You will set yourself up for failure and you will want to give up. So start of slowly pushing yourself until you reach your boundaries and then push a little more.
So there you have it, all the reasons in life why you should never give up. I hope you enjoyed it and please do join me on my transformation program below for more helpful videos and tips to help you get the best out of life.
Wishing a great future Scott.