I thought I would set myself a challenge today and write about whether it is truly possible to change your life in 30 days.
Well what if I said it can take 30 seconds to change your life what would you think about that?
To be fair as we live life and the experiences we go through you realize with age that most of us never do anything to change our own happiness until it is too late.
We moan and complain that we want to change but grasping the concept of actually changing it is the hardest piece.
So let me tell you my story quickly and see if you can understand that you can can change your life in 30 days or 30 seconds as it is completely up to you.
If you can imagine this yourself – you are working away all week doing 70 hours under an extreme amount of pressure with 45 people working for you.
You have 5 hours train journey to get home but when you do you buy flowers for your wife to say thank you for looking after your daughter whilst you were away.
You cook the tea and bath your daughter and put her to bed as she loves her daddy and has missed him so much. Then one day the pressure at work gets so much after 18mths of running flat out you go to the Doctors and he says to take a few weeks off to rest.
Going home you let your wife know and then she turns around and says she doesn’t love you anymore even though you are a great husband and father she would rather live on her own.
Yup it takes things like this that make you change your life in a split second because you are forced too. Now I was not particularly happily married at the time and I knew things could be better but there was no talking this through with my wife so I had to change my life and in those split seconds of the realization kicking in I did the following things.
My top tips on how I changed my life dramatically and quickly
- I put a plan together on changing my life and created a program that I could follow to achieve everything I needed too. You can join the program too here if you need help to change your life
- I was overweight at the time and decided that I needed to get fit again and started walking everyday to get my thoughts straight amongst other things. I lost 5 stone in 3mths and you can see more in this video here
- I made a vow to myself that I would never ever compromise in life again and that I would only accept the best things that life had to offer. I wrote an article about being happy here
- When you realize that your life is open to anything that you want and there is no one to hold you back. The feeling becomes quite liberating really as you are free to be anyone you want to be and on your own terms
- If you want to change your life then you really need to look at it from the outside in and determine whether or not you are ready to make the decision and go for it. If your heart isn’t into you will you only start off badly and probably fail to implement the changes you need
- You might find that you really don’t know what you need to change to make yourself happy again. This is pretty common but if you are just plan bored of life now is the time to take action in your life and get out there and just what options are available to you
- It is easy to think the grass is greener on the other side too but often or not small changes in your existing life can bring massive results, like reigniting your relationships, finding a new hobby, going out more, reading and exercise. If you want to change your life then just try some new things and break the boredom
- believe that you are worthy of great things. All of us have a special skill in life it is just finding it and using it to the greatest ability is the hard thing. Once you find something you enjoy and are really good at it is amazing how quickly your life can change for the better
- The biggest decision you can make is just getting on with deciding to DO IT NOW – stop the excuses, recognize you need to change and just sticking a boot up your bum and getting on with it.
- Stop convincing yourself that life is crap and concentrate on how to make it better. You don’t need money to make things better in life as most of the rewarding things in life are FREE
- Be in control of your own destiny make your own decisions and be guided by your own judgement and make wishes to the Universe of what you want and when you want it by
Frequently asked questions about how to change your life in 30 days
- How can I radically change my life in 30 days? – You might be asking this question because you are unhappy with your life or just want to make changes and believe it or not 30 days is quite a long time to make changes to your life. You could be starting a new job in 30 days if you get your cv together and apply for jobs that you would really be interested in. The important thing is that if you want to change you have to be aware that you can do anything you set your mind to it if you really want something badly enough. So write down what you would like to change in your life and how you are going to achieve it. If you put everything down into a daily diary and hold yourself responsible for it then you will achieve the outcome you are looking for. It could be that you want a new job, you want a better relationship, you want more money, whatever it is measure yourself on the way to achieving this and you will stand a much better chance of changing yourself in 30 days.
- How do you transform yourself in 30 days? – This question is normally related to weight loss or body transformations and it is the same old addage calories in vs calories out. I lost over 5 stone in 2 short months and didn’t go hungry. I just ate balanced meals of mainly, fist, meats and salad along with the keto diet and exercised 3 times a day so my total calorie burn was about 5,000 calories a day. So it is achieve able you just have to make sacrifices to get there and it is whether you are willing to do this or not on whether you will be successful.
- How do I completely change my lifestyle? – If you are not happy with your lifestyle then you need to work out why? Sometimes the things we think are just pipe dreams and you wouldn’t do them anyway so making yourself feel bad about something you won’t do is just crazy. So you have two choices, you either make the most of what you currently have by adopting a happy lifestyle and changing the situation around or you document what you are unhappy with and set of on a path to completely change the way you want to be. You should record these changes though on what was changed and how it made you feel, then also how it made you feel in the long run as well.
- How can I change my life in 7 days? – Changing your life in 7 days is very achieve able if you know what you want to change. You see most of life we dream of what we want and get peed off because we don’t get it. But without putting in the effort to get something we are never going to get it or it will just take longer. This is about having the balls to make the changes and then follow through with them. So if you want to change your life in 7 days make a list and follow it through with specific actions and don’t look back, just keep moving forward and deal with any regrets you have as a learning curve. You can do whatever you want to, it is your life and you are in total control of it no one else. You make the decisions you just need to get up and make them.
I know some of the above does sound easy but I know it is not. When you do make a conscious effort however to change your life and stick to the changes you can do it really quickly. The hard part is just saying I need to lose weight and then getting out there and walking for 20 minutes a day.
Once you start forming new habits it takes around 60 days to change bad habits into new one’s. Then when you build a routine around your new habits, whether that is smiling in the morning, being happy, changing things in your life everything will become easier.
So just give it a whirl and if you need help getting there join my transformation program and I will help you everyday for 60 days to get to where you want to be.
Have a good one and wishing you all the very best for the future Scott